Thursday, March 6, 2014

Stay Gold


Do you like my Outsiders reference in my title? :o)
This weeks Stampin Royalty Theme is Gold!
I am really digging the whole diagonal look on cards recently. i do tend to be very structured in my design thinking, and diagonal is a way to stay structured (to appease my inner OCD) while making things a little extra fun! 
This card is cuter in person than what the picture portrays. the lighting was bad, and it is hard to get the shine of the gold in my normal photograph set up. 
But hopefully you get the idea :o)

I started by using the negative of one of the larger stamps from Daydream Medallions on Whisper White, and i embossed with Gold embossing powder.  then for the strip across the middle, i layered the Gold Polka Dot Washi Tape over a white strip, then i used my Gold marker to run across the sides to give it a border. Then i layered it on a larger strip of Pool Party. The sentiment is from an older stamp set, and stamped in Smoky Slate. For the mat behind the sentiment punch, i just cut around the edges to match the outline of the punched piece. 

2 comments:

JulieA said...

That's so pretty! Love the blue with the gold. Lovely!

D'Ann said...

Love this card! Actually love all your creations but this one is a stunner. I'm going to try something like this. Thanks for sharing!