Wednesday, September 4, 2013

A Forest Snowfall


I would love to walk through the woods while a gentle snow falls, wouldn't you?
Now that school is back in session, it's a reminder that Christmas is on its way! And oh, how i LOVE all things Christmas!
This is my sample card for this weeks Stampin' Royalty, which is all about Patterned Paper! 
I got the inspiration from THIS beautiful card.  i couldn't find who originally made the card, as there is no link or name on the card, so if you know who created it, let me know and i will be sure to give them all the due credit!

For this one, the cardbase is Naturals White, and the next layer is Vanilla Patterned Paper, but it is REALLY difficult to tell in this picture. The background on the main image panel is Pool Party and Pink Pirouette.  I  die cut the trees using Pistachio Pudding. :o)  The mat is Baked Brown Sugar. I created the snowflakes by putting sticky sheet on the FRONT of some Whisper White cardstock, then pressing the sticky part into some Dazzling Diamonds glitter. I sponged the edges of the elements on the main panel and stamped the words in Baked Brown Sugar, put on some pearls, added a little faux stitching, and was done! I like it :o)


Supplies:

Ink - Baked Brown Sugar
Cardstock - Naturals White, Baked Brown Sugar
Stamps - Delightful Dozen
Accessories - Holiday Collection Framelits Dies, Northern Frost Die, Pearls, Stampin Up Designer Series Papers, Dazzling Diamonds, 

1 comment:

KatheD said...

Such an unusual combination for Christmas, but very pretty - I like yours better than the original!