Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Taking Notes

my sample project for this weeks Stampin' Royalty Anything Goes challenge is a fancy Notepad holder!

I used a sheet of Naturals White for the cover, because it is a night sturdy weight. I measured my notepad,  then cut and scored it accordingly, making sure to remember the depth of the sides, then die cut the top edge. 
I then opened the cardstock base up, stamped the images after using just regular thin paper as a mask on the 'back' part to keep the ink only on the front where i wanted it, 'highlighted' the leaves with gumball green using my blender pens, then added some butterflies and a piece of patterned paper that fit the top flap.  lastly, i adhered ribbon that i had made into a bow, and I used a thick circle of Tombow Glue on the underside of the flap that i allowed to dry so as to make it tacky, but you can use magnets, snaps, buttons, velcro, etc. I then used Sticky Strip on the back of the notepad to adhere it to the cover. This was actually a pretty easy project, even with making it from scratch through trial and error. 
here it is open, and you can see the notepad inside.
(sorry for the poor quality of the photo)


2 comments:

Mary Decker said...

Your cards are amazing! If I were in a card shop, I would buy them. You have a great sense of design, color, creativity, and more.

So glad I found you!

MissMary

Mary Decker said...

Love your new notepad cover!