Thursday, April 26, 2012

It's Not Easy Being Green

The Challenge this week at Stampin' Royalty is for Monochromatic projects!!  I actually found this a little more difficult than i originally thought it would be!  As i was in the process of making this card, i kept wanting to add other colors, especially on the trunk of the tree, but i refrained from doing that, and i think i can live with it! haha!  The card is actually not difficult to put together, and actually would look nice with a mix of other colors too. but maybe you can get some inspiration from it!
I started with a base and panel of Garden Green and Wild Wasabi. then on a Certainly Celery piece, I used my Simply Scored Diagonal Plate to put diagonal lines every so often to give it a sort of pattern (I LOVE this tool!!!)
 Then I stamped the leaves on two of the strips with Certainly Celery ink. You could cover the whole panel with the leaves if you like. Then i pulled down the corner, distressed it slightly, and put a white brad through it.  I cut my circles, then stamped the tree on the white piece with Garden Green, 'filled' in the tree branches with Certainly Celery on a sponge dauber, then used the dauber to ink around the edges of the circle.  I basically did the same with the sentiment piece, and added a button.  Not difficult at all! (those are my favorite kinds!) 
*oooh, now that i think about it, i could have done lines going the other direction and made a kind of plaid pattern....that would have looked good too!! I think I'm gonna run to my stamp room and try that!!  

Supplies:
Cardstock- Garden Green, Wild Wasabi, Certainly Celery, Naturals White
Ink- Garden Green, Certainly Celery
Stamps- Lovely As A Tree, Happiest Birthday Wishes
Accessories- Brights Buttons, Neutrals Brads, Sponge Dauber, Simply Scored Diagonal Plate

No comments: