Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Fabric of My Heart

The Stampin' Royalty Challenge this week is to use fabric in your project, and i did just that! I recycled a Valentine candy box from last year, embossed some Cherry Cobbler cardstock, adhered it to the lid, then trimmed around the edges to get the heart. I then used a scrap strip of fabric stretched diagonally across the top, then tied a bow in the middle, and added an Antique Brad to the center. I then stamped the tag and punched out the pieces, then added some rhinestones to the tag, but they are hard to see in the picture.

This is a great idea to recycle candy boxes!

3 comments:

Carrie Rhoades said...

Amazing, as always. I think I might have a little saved heart box that I now need to repurpose!!! Love it!

Anonymous said...

Just gorgeous!!!! Love how striking the black and white fabtic is againt the red.

Brandi Wiggins-Côté said...

This is gorgeous, Georgie! What a beautiful Valentine's box!!

Hugs,
Brandi