Wednesday, September 28, 2011

a K.I.S.S. for You!


Today's card is for the Stampin' Royalty Challenge #91, a K.I.S.S. challenge!
We are keeping things simple this week, and this card may looks nice without a lot of fuss!

I have a panel on this card because i messed up on the cardbase but didn't want to waste it, so i made a panel to cover up my mistake : ) so technically, you could make this a 1, 2, or 3 layer card, depending on how fancy you want to get.

First i used my wonderful, wonderful, wonderful Simply Scored to make the lovely embossed lines (oh my gosh, it was so quick and easy!) it took me all of about 20 seconds or less to do these lines.
I inked up the leaf wreath using my markers, but if you wanted to make it even quicker, you could in ink in all one color, OR you could use Sponge Daubers to add different colors to different areas (just be sure to start with the lightest color first!)

Then on a seperate scrap piece (or you could stamp directly on the cardbase if you wanted) i stamped the wreath, then punched out the center first, then the scallop circle, used a piece of ribbon to make a bow, wrapped it around the wreath, added dimensionals, and popped it on the card. I then inked the sentiment in More Mustard and stamped directly on the cardbase.
looking at the description, it looks like a lot, but if you break it down, it is very easy! you could also translate this VERY easily into a Christmas card that would be super fast to mass produce!

Here are the supplies i used:
  • Naturals White cardstock,
  • Warmest of Wishes Hostess set,
  • Trendy Trees,
  • Crumb Cake Ribbon,
  • Pearls,
  • 2 3/8ths scallop punch, 1 1/4ths circle punch, Simply Scored,
  • Markers - More Mustard, Rich Razzleberry, Pumpkin Pie, Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive

2 comments:

STASIA SLOMA said...

great job! so pretty and so easy, I see a case in my future. love it!

JulieA said...

Love it! So simple and beautiful.