Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Spring it on Me!

Spring!!!! That is this weeks theme over at Stampin' Royalty! ahhh, spring. we had a little teaser of spring here yesterday! haha! we have had a very long winter, and i am ready for it to warm up, to see some birds and butterflies, and to go out into the sunshine! For this card, i started with some Daffodil Delight for a mat, then a patterned paper panel. I didn't put these on the cardbase yet, because i will need to put brads on it before putting in on the cardbase. I embossed the lily from the Fifth Avenue Floral onto watercolor paper with white embossing powder, then watercolored them, cut them out, and punched some leaves from the Two Step Bird punch in Old Olive and Certainly Celery, then set those aside. I cut out the butterflies from the Beautiful Butterflies Embosslit using my Big Shot, then sponged the edges with Daffodil Delight. I stamped the sentiment from the All Holidays set in Old Olive, then punched it out using the Designer Label punch. I just had some scrap strips of Whisper White that i inked the edges in a light brown and glued onto the card to create a fence. I then added the elements, then lastly, I put the metal frame on the sentiment, used my paper piercer to create the holes for the brads to go through, put in the brads, and put the whole thing on the Old Olive cardbase.

4 comments:

JulieA said...

Wowzers!!!! That is drop-dead-gorgeous!!! wow! What a beautiful scene!

Ange McKay, North Shore Stamper said...

Georgeann... this card is insanely beautiful! You are so talented!

Celine Jo @ eyeARTyou said...

Hi Georgeann,

This is a beautiful card. I like how you manage to bring the Spring colours into the Easter card ;) Nice

Jean McKenzie said...

Wow oh wow!!! Georgeann, this is just gorgeous!!!!! LOVE your fence and the way you have shaded those flowers. Beautiful!! I will have to keep this one in my favourites!!