Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Hang In There, Little Bird!


This weeks Stampin' Royalty Challenge was a little difficult for me! When i pulled out these colors, i had to look at them for a while before i was able to come up with a final choice! But I do have to say, the bright colors really begged to be paired with the Aviary set! Can I just say I am in love with this funny little owl and the look on his face! he looks so surprised all the time!
I bet you're wondering "how did she do that sentiment piece..." Well, i will be glad to tell you!
I went to my trusty My Digital Studio, and used it to create an oval within an oval ...within an oval...then added the text over it, printed it, and used the wide oval punch on it to punch it out!
I did the clouds by creating my own cloud template, then sponging over it in different areas on the Whisper white. I used the Scallop Edge Punch on the Tempting Turquoise strips, and the Curly Label Punch cut in half so it fits behind the sentiment oval. Add a couple Tempting Turouoise buttons, a few birds, and you got yourself a card!
Supplies used:
Aviary Stamp Set
Tempting Turquoise Ink/Cardstock
So Saffron ink/Cardstock
Concord Crush ink/Cardstock
Whisper White Cardstock
Chocolate Chip Ink
My Digital Studio
Wide Oval Punch
Curly Label Punch
Scallop Edge Punch
Buttons

4 comments:

Ellen said...

Such a cute way to use those birds!

The Inked Stamper said...

I love your card!!!!! So cute!!!!!
TFS
Dawn
http://theinkedstamper.blogspot.com/

Erna Logtenberg said...

This is soooo cute!!! LOVE it!!!

Anna said...

I absolutely love this card!!!!
You did a wonderful job as usual:)