Monday, December 14, 2009

Simple Monday

I didn't have the 'Super' portion of my title today, because even though this card is pretty easy, there are are enough steps that I think I can call it one notch up from Super Simple.

I inked the hat stamp in red, then used a black marker to color the brim and little thing at the top. After stamping it, I used a gray marker to give it a shadow. I stamped the snowflakes from the Christmas Punch set, and used the Boho Blossoms punch. I added an old scrap of patterned paper with a white border on the cardbase, I also stamped little snowflakes on the cardbase, put glitter on the hat, added a felt snowflake and the 'merry' sentiment in black. Not difficult, but takes a few extra steps.

This weekends Christmas Program went really well! I have to say we have the best musicians in our church! We are so blessed! If you want to see one of the songs they did from last years program, take a listen. What you hear is what they played. That video was 100% live! My hubby is one of the keyboard players (there were 2 keyboard players.) They are all such wonderful people and have true hearts for the Lord! When the video for this year gets done, I might have a link to a couple of the songs.

I did end up with a cold (I was not the least bit surprised by this!) but I was able to make it through all 3 services without too much trouble. Luckily, the worst part of the cold waited to hit me until Sunday afternoon. I have to say I'm pretty miserable today, but I will finally have a chance to rest.

1 comment:

Bill said...

Well honey bunny, I hope you get feeling better soon. For those who read this I have to let it be known that you are the BEST female vocalist in the church hands down. Yes, I read your blog, so what! :) Love you!