Thursday, September 3, 2009

I don't wanna grow up......








































































These are some pictures from my daughters birthday party a couple weeks ago. I thought I would post them because there were several things I did that I thought might give you some inspiration for some of your own projects!

If you hadn't already guessed, it was a princess party! The three little princesses looked so cute with all their jewels on! My daughter is the one in the red dress. She was so happy! She had never had a party with friends over before!

I was able to find some pretty crown/earring sets and wands at the Dollar Tree store, and I was also surprised when I found cups and napkins that matched Bashful Blue and Pretty in Pink perfectly!

I also bought a package of bubbles that I was able to alter to match the theme. I used regular acrylic white craft paint to paint the lids, then wrapped Bashful Blue DSP around it, and added some jewels and glitter!
Then I made place cards for each of the girls using Pretty in Pink and Bashful Blue, and one of the alphabet die sets for the Big Shot. Then jewels and glitter!

The cake was fun to make, and Kelly liked it so much, she had trouble keeping her little fingers out of it! If you look closely, you can see her little finger prints!

And last but not least, I had to include a picture of me and my awesome friend/upline, Carrie Rhoades! As you can see, when our little girls weren't looking, we got ahold of their crowns and had some fun too! I think we agreed that we will never really grow up! It is her that I have to thank for opening my eyes to the stamping world! She makes the cutest stuff! You have to check out her blog here and see all the neat things she does!

Ok, I hope you enjoyed a little peek into my life, seeing as I normally just post about cards! But also I hope maybe you got some ideas to get your creative side moving!

2 comments:

JulieA said...

Oh, how adorable! I love it all! Can I be your daughter so that I can have a cool party like that? My mom never gave me parties. :-(

Oh, there's a gift for you on my blog from yesterday. Enjoy!

Julie

p.s. LOVE the pic of you and Carrie!

Carrie Rhoades said...

You are too sweet! It was a fun time and Samantha still has her scrapbook page on her dresser and is still playing with her princess goodies. Next time I come over, we must stamp!