Tuesday, June 9, 2009

MMmmmm, chocolate cupcakes!

Ok, I don't know what it is, but I love, love, LOVE this card! I do have to say that I was inspired by a card in the current catalog, but this one is just different enough.

I used the Crazy for Cupcakes, Snow Burst, and Birthday Wish sets It's interesting how you can use stamps if you think outside the box. The little bursts on the background come from a snowflake stamp set. I wish it were my idea, but i got that idea from my inspiration card. I stamped the cupcake on a scrap piece of the patterned paper and cut it out, then stamped it again on Chocolate chip and cut that out and put it on dimensionals. I colored the sprinkles in with a white gel pen and used a circle cutter for the image mat.

1 comment:

JulieA said...

Oh, very, very cute! Now I have to go try it! Wouldn't that little burst look great in light yellow behind the candle, like the light from the candle? Oh, the ideas...they're popping into my head...ouch! ;-)