Thursday, February 19, 2009

Simply Said card

Today's card was inspired by this card by Marelle Taylor. Isn't hers just fabulous? I wish I had come up with the overall idea, but alas, I can't take the credit! Marelle has such wonderful creations!
I did my own interpretation of her card for this card. I also did a slightly different version of my card for a swap my group had a few months ago. When we do swaps, the gal who organizes it sends one copy of each swap card in to Stampin' Up. The Stampin' Up demonstrators website has a page called Stampers Showcase where they feature about 6 cards each day, all sent in by demonstrators. Well, last Saturday, I happened to check that page like I do every day, and to my ultimate surprise, there was my card! Woohoo! I was just thrilled!
Todays card was actually my prototype before I made my swap cards. This card is made with the Simply Said set, Soft Sky, Barely Banana, and whisper white cardstock, Basic Black, White craft, and Soft Sky ink, white gel pen, scallop edge punch and the large square punch.

1 comment:

JulieA said...

Hi Georgie! I swapped for that last meeting and got one of these cards. Needless to say, I was thrilled with it! And then to see it on SS...Congratulation. WTG!