Monday, January 12, 2009

Easy does it!

Ok everyone, I know it's been a while since I have uploaded a card, but I will really try to keep up on the uploading! (key word being try!)

Here is a fairly simple little baby boy card, which can easily be translated into a girl card using Apricot Appeal or Pretty in Pink cardstock and maybe a flower instead of a star. Or even yellow or aqua for a neutral card! (hmmmm, I may have to make a few more of these in all the colors!)
It begins with a Bashful Blue cardbase, stamped in bashful blue ink with the Polka Dot background stamp. Then I cut out a piece of white and used the scallop punch around the edges. It did take a little work to get the corners to line up just right, so if you are not a patient person, I might suggest either scallop scissors, or leaving it straight. I stamped the sentiment from Curvy Verses in Ballet Blue. I then punched a star from Bashful blue cardstock.
I then layered the pieces using Dimensionals and added a Very Vanilla button on the star with a glue dot.

I sure do like these buttons and I am a little sad that Stampin' Up is retiring all the regular buttons from the looks of the retiring accessories list. aw, shucks. Well, i know they will have lots and lots of really exciting things to take their place! The new catalogs should be arriving to demonstrators everywhere in the next few days, and I will be waiting impatiently for my delivery man to come to my door with my copy! I have been privileged to see just a few new items they will be having, and I can only imagine what surprises the new catalog will hold! I will be letting you know about it when I get it!
Ok, its off to finish laundry! (I'd rather be stamping, but clean clothes are a must!)

1 comment:

JulieA said...

Cute card! Sweet and simple - that's the best way.