Monday, January 26, 2009

Back to my roots

Since becoming a Stampin' Up demonstrator, I haven't done a whole lot of scrapbooking, which used to be my main hobby. I guess i was kind of learning how to make cards and concentrated on that for the last year. Well, In the meantime, I have all these pictures that need to be put on pages!
So last month, I decided to buckle down and make a page for my daughters kindergarten picture!
I wanted it to be easy enough that I could finish it fairly quickly.

I started with a 8x8 page of Pretty in Pink, and the Simply Said and Bugs and Kisses sets. I used Basic black to stamp the flowers, and Pretty in Pink for the flowers on the white panel. I inked the ladybug in real red and used a black marker to color the head, antennae and legs directly on the stamp. I then used the white gel pen to color in the flowers and the black marker to make the dots around the title panel and the picture.
I put mats on this page of going gray and white, but you can just have the whole page Pretty in Pink if you like.
I left lots of room for journaling on the top left. You could even put your title on the top left and put your journaling below that.

1 comment:

JulieA said...

That is so pretty, Georgeann! I love the way you stamped those flowers across the bottom and colored them in with white gel pen. I bet your daughter loves it!