Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Happy December!

Welcome to December everyone! Gosh, where in the world has this year gone! 2 months from now will mark my 1 year stampiversary as a demonstrator!

Todays card I know is a little late for Thanksgiving, but I have been so busy with lots of this and that, I haven't had much time to work on cards, let alone photograph them and upload them!
As you can see, i used the colored pencil on colored paper technique again. I was on a kick for a while, cause when I start using a new technique, I tend to use it a lot for a while, kind of to get used to it and kind of see what effects I can get with different paper/colors/etc. The one in the background is the envelope, I actually did that with the watercolor technique because the pencils were a bit too harsh on the white for the look I was going for.

I started with More Mustard carstock, then stamped the 2 larger pumpkins from the Autumn Harvest set with Chocolate Chip ink. I colored them with pencils, adding highlights and shadows. I then stamped the little gourd on a separate scrap piece of summer sun, colored it, making sure that I toned down the brightness, cut it out, and adhered between the pumpkins. I then just used my pencils to fill in any gaps and give the image a finished look, and lastly, stamped the Happy Thanksgiving from the Holidays and Wishes set in Chocolate Chip.

I have another card that I am just dying to post, but I want to save it for next time. It is basically the same technique and has the same simplicity as this card, but it is a Christmas card, and I want to get Thanksgiving out of the way first. I will also be posting this months specials by tomorrow so you can start checking off your personal stamping wish list! There's been so many specials going on the last few weeks, some of which ended Monday, I want to make sure that I post all the current deals.

Ok, unitl next time, keep stampin' away!

.

1 comment:

JulieA said...

Gorgeous coloring! Wow! Your shading is incredible.