Monday, November 3, 2008

Fastest Card I've ever made!














This card was made in under 5 minutes. It was for our music director at the church for Pastor Appreciation Month! We were headed out the door to go to practice, and I remembered at the last minute I needed a card for him. I just happened to have a couple stamps already out, like Canvas Background and the Organic Grace hostess set. I grabbed a piece of Bordering Blue cardstock and stamped the Canvas stamp in Bordering Blue.
I then stamped the leaves and dragonfly in Night of Navy, added a brown strip, and made the sentiment piece. I stamped the thank you sentiment from God's Blessings on Very Vanilla paper in Night of Navy ink, then inked the dragonfly again in Night of Navy and stamped it off once, then on the piece. I matted it with an old piece of brown from my scrap pile, then put in silver eyelets with my crop-a-dile. I put it on dimensionals, took a quick picture of it, and ran out the door! I had to sign it on the way there. My husband is funny. Since he is a guy and doesn't understand the obsession that is papercrafting, when I showed this to him, I asked what he thought. He took a look for a couple seconds, then says: "Did you just put a bunch of stamps all over a card?" LOL! Well, I sort of did! In his defense, I don't think he meant it in a bad way. But I know that the recipient will like it! I left it on his desk and don't know if he has seen it yet.

Ok, everyone, hope you all have a wonderful day!


.

No comments: